Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 9

Person who has gotten me through the most.

OK, well this one really was pretty easy. I say this not to sound cliche, but only because I mean it from the bottom of my heart.
JESUS has undoubtedly gotten me through the most in my life... Good and Bad.
Anything in my life good or praiseworthy is because of my Savior and because He has caused or allowed it to happen to me.
Anything bad in my life, that has broken my heart or made me angry, that has made me to want to run or brought me down to my knees is because He has caused or allowed it to happen to me. Granted, many painful things in my life have been self-inflicted, but nothing ever surprises Him. Before I knew Him, as I was living my life of sin that eventually brought me to a point of brokenness I never again want to experience nor would wish for anyone, He alone got me through. Brought me to that point where I could recognize my sinfulness, my need for Him, and He was there. Without Christ, without Him rescuing me, I don't even want to imagine where I would be today.
Even now, knowing Him, I have walked through my share of valleys. I do have a wonderful husband & sisters in Christ that have been there for me. But it's the promises of God and my relationship with Christ that has truly gotten me through. Even in seasons of loneliness, it's Christ that is ever-present. I just love this *old school* quote from the Newsboys song Breakfast: Those here without the Lord, how do you cope. For this morning we don't mourn like those who have no hope.
Truly, Christ is the hope of every believer. I'm thankful for the joy I can find in my valleys because of Him and His faithfulness.
All things He works together for my good & His glory.
There's no one else I would rather have to turn to.



No comments: