Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 1: Photo Challenge


Photo of myself & 15 Facts
It's a 4 year old picture, but we went to a wedding last night... so I have our wedding on my mind :)

1. The first & most important thing to know about me is I am a great sinner... in love with an even greater Savior. There was nothing He found in my that made me worthy of His grace, no amount of "good things" I could have done to earn His favor, but He still chose me. I'm eternally grateful He saved me 5 1/2 years ago, and want my life to ever point to Him.

2. I never imagined I would have 3 children by the time I'm 25... but I will come April- and won't be 25 until June. I wouldn't have it any other way! To be completely honest, I sometimes hate telling people my age because I've often had people take me "less seriously", treat me like I "don't have a clue" or like I am just plain crazy and irresponsible. Maybe that's pride... but at the same time, I like to claim the verse from Timothy to "not let people look down on (me) because of (my) youth."

3. I've always always wanted to be a wife & a mom. I thank the Lord so much for granting me the desires of my heart. I'm so thankful for my amazing husband & that the Lord has given him to me. My third desire, which came after salvation, has been to serve Him on the mission field... which leads to number 4...

4. I love reading/ learning about different cultures- particularly Africa/ Middle East. I love watching shows on different countries (even if it's just The Amazing Race- otherwise I'm not crazy about reality TV- or House Hunters International), talking to people from different countries, eating different foods- even if I don't end up liking it, I still try it. And mostly, I love travelling to different countries. I cannot wait until the day the Lord solidifies for Dustin and I where He wants us to serve Him, so we can truly engross ourselves in learning one particular culture and language.

5. I grew up a Marine Brat. Although there are many aspects of my childhood I wouldn't desire for any child, there is nothing I would change for myself. The Lord ordained my days, and has used them to mold me into who I am now... and He's continuously molding me. Moving every 3 years is just one aspect of a military life. It's funny how I've realized habits I have now are because of how I grew up. Which leads to number 6...

6. I hate junk. I hate clutter. I'm not really a sentimental person... you know, like one of those people who holds onto random things for sentimental reasons. There's nothing wrong with that at all, I'm just not that person. I, maybe once a year or so, go on random sprees where I just purge our home of junk- toys, clothes, etc- and throw stuff away. Don't be offended if you ever find something that you've given me in a yard sale. Or worse, the trash. It's nothing personal. I come by it honestly ;) I married a man who has a tendency to be a pack rat... which is a result of his growing up. This is definitely an interesting mix.

7. "Fact" number 6 does not mean I am a neat freak. I'm actually quite messy. Laundry rarely gets completely put away, and if you stop by to visit you will probably see lunch leftovers still on the table or have to move toys off to couch to sit down. Sometimes this stresses me out, but Dustin sweetly reminds me "Honey, people live here." I'm still working on it though.

8. Maybe it's because I'm pregnant, or because this winter has been exceptionally cold, or the combination of the two... but I really hate getting out of my pajamas these days! Which typically is so not me! If we have no where to go on a particular day, Dustin will more than likely come home to all three of his girls in jammies :)

9. I am an avid coffee/ hot tea drinker. Usually, I just give up coffee during pregnancy, but this time I finally bought decaf. I love to start my mornings with a cup of hot tea, and lately Gabbi has been wanting to drink tea with me.... that makes my heart happy :)

10. I would like to consider myself an amateur runner- although, since babies, I don't really look like one! Running is something I've done since I was probably 9 or 10... my dad taught me how to run, and running with him is one of my favorite memories as a child. Last July was the first 5K I've run in since we got married, and I'm looking forward to getting back on track after Charity gets here. A life goal of mine is to run a marathon.

11. I love to write. It was a dream of mine ever since I was little to be a writer... maybe that's why I've ended up with a blog :) I vividly remember sitting in my room for hours when I was in elementary school writing little short stories. As I got older, in turned into (attempts at) poetry and I wrote for my high school yearbook. I've kept a journal my whole life. At one point I was in school for Journalism. It's randomly crossed my mind at times to write a book, basically of my testimony, but I'm not sure... a couple people have told me to. Maybe I'll pray about it and see where it goes :)

12. I have a not-so-secret but somewhat embarrassing love for country music. I mean old country music. I actually can't stand a lot of this new stuff that's out and is more pop than country.

13. I do not read as much as I wish I did. I have a stack of books on my "to read" list a mile long... I read a lot before kids. But how does anyone with preschoolers get a book read?? I start to fall asleep just opening a book. I'm doing good just to read my bible in a day!

14. I used to be a vegetarian. I was actually a decent "health nut" before I got married... and I still have tendencies. I'm a little into the natural/ organic food craze... but my husband keeps me from going too crazy. Thankfully. I can tend to go over the top about stuff.

15. Although I was a little bit of a "tomboy" growing up, I am so so thankful the Lord has given me 3 daughters to raise to be little ladies... The oldest of which is as girly as they come! I love it. I'm thankful to Gabbi, who because of her, anything pink, sparkley, or princess never gets passed me! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

okay friend.. I'm going to do it too.. lol lets see if I can do it that is hahaha