Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 2: Photo Challenge



Myself & the person I've been close with for the longest
This is my brother and me when I was about a year old, and he was almost three. My dad is here too, but for this post, the focus is my brother. We do have more recent pictures, but I thought we were just too adorable to not put up an old one ;-)
My brother, Chris (or Bub as I've always called him), and I are 20 months apart. Growing up we were always pretty close for siblings. It was just the two of us, and with moving so much there were times when we were each other's only friend. You know, between the fighting and picking and pushing and arguing, we truly did love each other. We were great friends when we were little, and even as we got older. The awkward middle & high school years, although less "close", he always still defended me when I needed it. After high school (and maturing as needed) we became close again. I'm so thankful for him in my life.
Today, I still consider us close, even though we're both married & he lives in Louisville. We still talk a couple times a week. I love what the Lord has done and is doing in his life. And I'm thankful that God brought him a great woman to live his life with. They're expecting their first baby in June! He is such a great uncle to his little nieces, I know he's going to make a wonderful dad!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Ok. Super sweet. I am thankful for you, for you started the road towards him coming to the Lord. Thanks for being a great sister :)