Thursday, March 29, 2007

Okay, so I know it's been a while. Sorry sorry to any faithful readers.

Things are going well. The new job isn't tiring me out as bad as it was in the beginning. Just when I'm getting used to it though, in April they don't need me. So I'm going back to my old job at the daycare center. I'm pretty excited about it... less hours than I'm working now, but I'm getting paid almost the same. Georgia (my old boss) gave me a raise! woah! Wasn't expecting that... thank You, Lord. We were really concerned that this month was going to be a struggle for us. Of course, why be concerned when we have a God like ours guiding and protecting us??

He's shown Himself faithful over and over and over again.... He continues to.

We're moving this weekend. Yes. Moving. This weekend. As in, tomorrow we get the keys to what will be our new house!!! And yes, as in, we have to be out of our house now by Sunday, the 1st. Um, yes, this was just for sure yesterday... and we have nothing done even today, I'm not too stressed out yet. lol.
So I'll let you know what happened. Right now we're renting a 1 bedroom house, but we got a wonderful rate on it-- less than anything we'd pay for an apt. But of course, it's 1 bedroom (and we'll need 2) no yard (which is okay, but I'd like any kinda of yard). So we've been praying about oppurtunities, and just God's guidance in where He wants us to go. Well, Monday Dustin came home from work and he said he got a call from someone at his old church who has rental properties around Knoxville. Frank (this guy) just got through renovating this house-- 2 bedrooms, brand new linoleum in the kitchen and bathroom, brand new appliances, fenced yard. BARELY more than what we're paying right now. Again, no lease and no deposits!! Praise God!! I mean, we'd wait, because we have time obviously... but this guy isn't gonna hold the house for us and we don't expect him too. I there's no way we'll find another decent house or apt for the price he's gonna charge us. So, we have to be out by the 1st. We owe rent on the 1st, and can't exactly afford to pay two rents in a month... so yes. This weekend. I'm excited though. So Laura, really, I'll post pictures of this house. I promise.

Here's Lily:


How cute is she??

I've been feeling better. Lily's dad prescribed me some Zofran. EXPENSIVE stuff. Everywhere I went wanted 100-something dollars; obviously we can't afford that. So someone told me to go to Vaughn's (a local pharmacy here) and tell the owner our problem. We did. And he charged me $20 for twice as many pills as I was prescribed. Incredible. There's the Lord providing for us again. ahhhh!! Still can barely brush my teeth. I bet my breath smells right now lol. jk. kinda.

Anyway... tomorrow's my second Dr appointment! I'm 11wks 1day. Almost out of the 1st trimester!!! That's so hard to believe. I'll update soon I hope. This weekend will be crazy- moving... and Dustin gets baptized on Sunday... and then Monday and Tuesday I'll be out of town to NC. My old friend Matt is coming home from Iraq, so my family is going to go and be there for him. Should be good... He's doing really well, always talking about what God's doing in his life, and what God is showing him. Who woulda known a year ago that he'd be where he is now??? Only the Lord :) So hopefully sometime next week I'll get a chance to be back on here.

Michelle- thanks for the comment! It's good to hear from you... do you have a blog?? Love you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow moving I guess I need to call you back. That is crazy and sorry for not calling back yet school is a little busy. So if you're going to have a fenced yard there is no reason you can't get a dog. J/K just wanted to see if I could stir up some more trouble for you. I will talk to you soon. I love you.
Briana.

Laura said...

Bekah,
Sounds like you are going to be busy this weekend! Me too...I am going to Queretaro for a conference and get back on Tuesday night. So maybe Wednesday I will try giving you a call. Let me know how the doctor's appointment goes. I am writing this at 3:15 in the morning...I'm leaving in 3 hours for the bus station and I still have not packed..haha. I went salsa dancing tonight...yes..I really went salsa dancing tonight in Mexico with some new friends I made and it was so much fun!!! I think I danced more tonight than ever in my life. Two and a half hours of salsa dancing is some good exercise!! Can't wait to talk to you...love you!

Katrina said...

Wow... God is Awesome! It is so great to see him working and providing...I lost my job this week, and when I called TN unemployment, the girl told me I could file in California since I have worked there in the last 18 months, and I am getting almost what I Was making working! God totally blessed me, and I am not stressing at a time when you would think I really should be! (moving, getting married, no job, etc.) God is AWESOME!
I wish we lived closer, we would totally come help! Hope everything goes smooth, and congrats on the new house!

Unknown said...

AHHH bekah!! you are getting so pregnant..its crazy..i have a bunch of maternity clothing for you as well as some stuff that Brady cant wear anymore...so as soon as we find out what you're having you let me know!! and we can get you some of Brady's old clothing lol. ahh im so excited for you..and Brady is too..i have to see your new house..and i missyou!..

Anonymous said...

Your picture is BEAUTIFUL. I'm so happy to hear the marvelous things God is doing in your life. I'm so excited to hear baby news. Girl, have I got some baby stuff for you. I hope everything keeps going well for you, the husband, and the baby and God keeps blessing the 3 of you. I can't wait to meet the family either.
~DB