Thursday, June 17, 2010

1000 Gifts

I stumbled across a blog. It's a breath of fresh air. I've been challenged. 1000 Gifts. I don't have a time frame... it will take me as long as it takes me. I'm praying during this challenge, the Lord will grow in me a constant heart of thankfulness. During the week I'm journaling things that happen, or things the Lord brings to my mind, that I'm thankful for. Thursdays I'll blog them, until I reach a thousand. I'll encourage everyone to join too and see how the Lord uses is it in your life.

And so I begin... #1-#20

I am thankful...

:: for ballerina jumps and pink tutus
:: "mommy, one more hug" before bed
:: reading time
:: a sweet little voice reciting Psalm 23
:: His grace that covers a multitude of sin
:: for being dirty, so He can make me clean
: summertime
:: late night swims @ the Bergman's
:: card games
:: music
:: for God's very Word spoken to me through the Bible.
:: that I can only plant or water, but it's God who does the growing (1 Cor 3:7)
:: that there truly is no formula, no "A + B = C" for this journey... but that our Shepherd shows us the Way
:: re-combing messy, blonde curls after naptime
:: baby feet
::summer thunderstorms
:: the joy it brings to my heart, and the smile it brings to my face when I hear Gabbi singing praise songs to the King
:: ....realizing my Father feels the same way about me... :)
:: knowing that in the Body of Christ, we always have family
:: He will complete the work He started in me (Phil 1:6). He's not through with me yet.

holy experience

No comments: