Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Today has been an odd day. A great day, but just different. My thoughts on the election will maybe be in a later post... but currently, I feel peace.
No, I do not support Barack Obama. I believe Romans 13:1-5 is a command to submit to the authority of the government, not a command to support it. Until the day that Obama falls at the feet or my Savior, and his policies follow my Savior's commands as well, I will never support Barack Obama. That's all I will say for now... This was not the point of this blog, but I could get carried away.
I have peace though... only because my peace comes from One so much greater than any authority in this world.

I feel like sometimes my life goes through themes... and during these periods there are songs I fall in love with. Theme songs- so cheesey- that's a joke.
Anyone who is married must know marriage is so hard. Someone I greatly admire, a preacher by the name of Paul Washer, once explained it in a way I will not do justice. But so many people say that God made their spouse just for them, to make them a better person, to complete them, etc. This is not an entirely true statement. Yes- I fully believe God has ordained Dustin to be my husband from eternity past. But he has characteristics in him, that touch every never in my body... drive me crazy even. Those things in him are to peal away layers of myself that do not please to Lord. To make me look more like Christ. When two fallen people come together in marriage, apart from Christ, it is going to be a disaster.
I'm so thankful for Christ. With the world shouting from every angle lies from the pit of hell- "you deserve to be happy, it's all that matters" "you do whatever is right for you" "if he treats you bad, leave him"- no wonder the divorce rate is nearing, if not passing, 50%.
Dustin and I have had our share of hard days already. They say the first two years of marriage are the hardest... I could attest to that, even though we haven't made it to are third yet. With getting engaged, married, and have our first child all within one life-altering year, how could it be anything but hard.

That brings me to the song. I wasn't crazy about it at first... most songs I'm not crazy about at first, but totally cynical (God is working on me about that). When I saw the movie "Fireproof" it totally changed my perspective of this song. If you haven't seen Fireproof... go see it. It is without a doubt (aside from the Chronicles of Narnia, but really it's incomparable b/c it's totally different) the best movie I have ever seen. This song played at the end. There really is so much truth in these lyrics.

Warren Barfield: love is not a fight
Love is not a place
To come and go as we please
It's a house we enter in
And then commit to never leave

So Lock the door behind you
Throw away the key
We'll work it out together
Let it bring us to our knees

Love is a shelter in the raging storm
Love is peace in the middle of a war
If we try to leave, may God send angels to guard the door
No, love is not a fight but it's something worth fighting for

To some, love is a word
That they can fall into
But when they're falling out
Keeping that word is hard to do

Love is a shelter in the raging storm
Love is peace in the middle of a war
If we try to leave, may God send angels to guard the door
No, love is not a fight but it's something worth fighting for

Love will come to save us
If we'll only call
He will ask nothing of us
But demand we give our all

So much truth. It's a current favorite.
Maybe I'll be better about blogging these next few days.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I really like your new layout, even though we disagree on support and submission :)

Chris said...

hey...check this out www.bpnews.net/BPFirstPerson.asp?ID=29276