Saturday, August 09, 2008

I know I'm from East Tennessee...

So, my daughter is 10 months old today. She is getting SO big! It's unbelievable to process she's gone through this past year. I am amazed at her everyday. She's walking!!! This past week especially she's taken huge steps (literally and figuratively lol). She's going from one side of the room to the other, getting faster and faster. I love it. I love watching her learn and grow.

For a 10month old she's pretty verbal. I'm not saying this b/c every parent wants their kid to be a genius or something, but I do think she's pretty advance. I mean, she's walking you know? But she just babbles non-stop. I wouldn't know really, b/c she's our first, but my mom said even her babbling is "big girl".

Well, like the typical infant, Gabbi has mastered babbling "words" such as "ma-ma-ma-ma" and "da-da-da-da", without really knowing exactly who mama and dada are. Lately, I think she's understanding more, mainly b/c Dustin and I will pat our chests like "cave" man and talk to her like she deaf saying "MA-MA" or "DA-DA" lol. A couple weeks ago, however, my mom was babysitting her. They have a dog named Dexter, whom we've always affectionately called "Bubba". Mom and Gabbi were in the living room, and mom, speaking to the dog says "What are you doing, Bubba?" When to her astonoshment Gabbi repeats "Buh-Buh". Later than evening when Dustin and I showed up, mom retold the story to us. When telling it, she replayed it word for word and said "And then Gabbi goes---" and Gabbi cut her off, filling in the blank herself "Buh-Buh". Hilarious!!!
I know I'm from East Tennessee when my daughter's first word is Bubba!
Only to make the situation "worse".... not only does she babble to word "Bubba", but she knows exactly who Bubba is. We were at mom's today, and Gabbi looked directly and the dog and says "Bubba... Bubba."

Oh my...

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Nice. =) Can't believe its already been 10 months!

katiegfromtennessee said...

That's great Bekah! She really is a smart little girl! Walkin' already! That's funny that her first word was Bubba! You are right, only in TN...:)

katiegfromtennessee